Sunday, August 23, 2009

Have a business idea for my community

I have come to realize that my brand, GYM Right Health/Wellness Coaching needs explanations to most people first or there will be misunderstandings about the expectations of what coaching really provides.

Health/Wellness coaching provides reaching goals related to health, such as eating healthier and fitness. Where we cross with Life Coaches is decreasing stress. Most of my clients have stated they want to decrease their stress. Interestingly, NONE of them have an idea of how to do that, and what works for them! Granted fitness will decrease stress when done properly, i.e. 3X week, >30 minutes, with cardio, calisthenics and isometrics. BUT, very few of my clients get to that level.

Here's the caveat: Most of my clients are African American descent... Some are very healthy and needed boosters. Some are not as healthy and probably don't need a coach, but a whole slew of clinical professionals. While I am not a clinician, I do hold a PhD in molecular genetics. My dissertation was on reducing cholesterol at the molecular genetic level using stem cells. Since that time, my research has focused on molecular cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and aging. I have published scientific articles. So, I will be coaching from a purview of the latest research proven to work for people by clinical trials. That means my clients get the benefit of health/wellness coaching as well as innovations from the latest research!

My idea to expand my local efforts is to hold a multivariate health forum that includes a very brief informational/interest meeting on GYM Right Health/Wellness Coaching, stating what services I provide and to sign up for a 15 minutes introductory session that I charge a nominal fee of $25 + tax.

Afterward, if they choose to move forward, I will start with my codes for the purchase of a 6 session minimum, at $120 + tax 1st session due to timing, $60 + tax X 5 sessions = $420 + tax total.

The health forum will also include presentations by physicians, local health advocacy groups and expectations upon needing a provider in managing chronic illnesses. I have done these events several times previously of which I have won awards. And I am exhausted doing them when I am NOT getting paid to do them, nor am I doing them alone again!

Well, that is my idea for my business brand or expression!